How important it is to have the correct auto insurance? Well, read the following statistics. A vehicle is stolen every 55 seconds in the United States. According to the National Highway Safety Administration, over 80% of all comprehensive claims involve auto theft. Only about 60% of stolen vehicles are recovered. 40-50% of vehicle theft is due to driver error. The top two months for vehicle thefts are July and August. Half of the insurance companies who offer auto insurance offer discounts for alarms or anti-theft devices.
Insuring your auto with the right coverage is important. We understand that it is important to find the right combination of coverage, price and service.
How to reduce the chances of an auto theft:
- Take your keys with you. Don't leave them in or on your vehicle.
- Close and lock all windows and doors when you park.
- Don't assume no one would want to steal your car.
- Park in well lit areas or in a garage, if possible.
- Never leave valuables in your vehicle, especially in sight.
- Consider investing in extra security.