Cyber threats are everywhere in today’s online world. Whether it’s malware, ransomware, or a malicious email, failure to prepare for these cyber threats can destroy your business reputation and finances. Despite significant cybersecurity exposures, 85 percent of small business owners believe their company is safe from hackers, viruses, malware, or a data breach. This disconnect is largely due to the widespread, albeit mistaken, belief that small businesses are unlikely targets for cyber-attacks. We regularly see the effects of cyber-attacks on individuals and businesses, but we also see the value that preventive measures can have in blocking those attacks.
Business Email Best Practices
- Protect your email system.
- Don’t trust an email just because the sender’s name is familiar.
- Keeping your systems and business software up-to-date is also a critical part of protecting your business. Your systems should always be running the latest software if you want your data to be secure.
- Employee education is also one of the biggest keys to improving business security.
- Never follow new instructions without first verifying with a phone call
All of us at Hatzung Insurance truly value the long term relationship with our clients, and are proud to give families, individuals and businesses the personal attention required when it matters most. When claims arise, we realize that it can be very stressful and will do everything possible to assure timely and complete recovery.