It is hard to get away from all the advertisements stating that online insurance buying is the best way to get the personal insurance coverage you need. Technology has given some insurers the ability to automate the process to the point where you, the buyer, take all the risk in determining your coverage. The problem with this is that you are not fully able to know what coverage you may or may not need. Using a licensed professional independent agent does not cost you any more money, and there are many reasons why you will benefit.
Benefits to clients
- Professional agents are more equipped to educate clients.
- Independent agents have access to many markets and can shop for you.
- Professional agents can help you design a program that fits your needs.
- Local agents are committed to your community.
- Licensed agents know how to treat and manage risk.
- The staff members of local agents are your neighbors.
- Professionally trained agents understand in detail how insurance is designed to work.
- Highly trained agents can help you navigate difficult claims to your satisfaction.